Vietnam’s Southern Charms (12D)
This luxury tour of Central and Southern Vietnam allows travelers to see a different side of this fascinating country. From elegant colonial cities to pristine beaches to bustling floating markets on the Mekong, this exciting 12-day luxury itinerary gives visitors a comprehensive overview of some of Vietnam's most important and compelling locations.
HIGHLIGHTS & INCLUDE
- Time in historic Saigon, Hoi An and Hue.
- River cruises in the Mekong Delta and in Hue on the Perfume River.
- A stay on idyllic Con Dao Island at the luxurious Six Senses resort.
- Saigon's huge Ben Thanh Markets and the Floating Markets in Cai Rang on the Mekong.
Arrive in Ho Chi Minh City, formerly known as Saigon then being transferred to your hotel. You can spend the day relaxing in the luxurious surrounds of your hotel, check out one of the many museums or enjoy a hot bowl of pho noodle soup.
Recommended Luxury Saigon Hotels:
- Caravelle Hotel Saigon
- Park Hyatt Saigon Hotel
Get your bearings in HCMC with a full-day walking tour that showcases the city's key historic and architectural sites. This tour allows you to enjoy HCMC's French colonial charm, as well as its Chinese heritages, with some time spent exploring Chinatown. You'll also get time in Ben Thanh Market, where you can haggle with local vendors for a souvenir.
Ben Thanh Market, Reunification Palace, War Remnants Museum
Today, you'll travel to the capital of the Mekong Delta – Can Tho. This city is situated on the Hau River, which you'll get to explore with a river cruise near the charming town of Ben Tre. In the evening, check out the local street stalls and Vietnamese delicacies with a food walk before settling into your luxury Can Tho hotel for the night.
Recommended Luxury Can Tho Hotels:
- Victoria Can Tho Hotel
The Cai Rang floating market is a must-see attraction in the Mekong Delta, and this morning you'll get the chance to join in the action as local vendors in longtail boats trade fresh produce. You will return to HCMC today, passing through the river town of My Tho. Free at leisure.
This morning you’ll fly to Danang where you will transfer to Hoi An. The entire city of Hoi An is UNESCO-protected, with Chinese, Japanese and French historic architecture a highlight. With more than 2,000 years' of history and prominence as a former spice trade hub, there's a wealth of art and culture here for travelers to enjoy. Hotels such as the Nam Hai resort offer guests luxury accommodation on China Beach, with a view of the Cham Islands.
Recommended Luxury Hotels in Hoi An:
- The Nam Hai Hoian Resort
- Anantara Hoian
Recommended Hoi An Restaurants:
- Ancient Faifo
- Mango Mango Restaurant
To properly appreciate local history, today is devoted to a full-day city tour of Hoi An. It includes a food tour so travelers can sample the best local treats, a relaxing river cruise on the Tho Bon River and a walking tour or a bicycle tour so you can explore the city on street level.
Japanese Bridge, Chinese Temples
From Hoi An it's onto Hue – a journey that will take you via Hai Van Pass, a 13-mile-long stretch of scenic mountain road offering superlative views over the coast. In Hue, you'll join a leisurely cruise down the Perfume River with a knowledgeable guide, then check into your hotel.
Recommended Luxury Hotels in Hue:
- La Residence Hotel & Spa
- Pilgrimage Village Hue
It's back to Saigon today. After arriving from Hue, you can explore the streets on foot, or head to one of Saigon's famous landmarks, such as the Chinese Chua Quan Am Temple, Cha Tam cathedral or the Cu Chi tunnels from the Vietnam War. Free at leisure.
Recommended Restaurants in HCMC:
- La Villa French Restaurant
A trip to Vietnam wouldn't be complete without some time on one of its pristine beaches. Today you fly to the islands of Con Dao to Dat Doc Beach and head straight to your luxury resort – the Six Senses Con Dao. This five-star resort features beachfront villas with private infinity pool, with a long stretch of beautiful clean sand just outside the door.
Recommended Luxyry Hotels in Con Dao island:
- Six Senses Con Dao Resort
Con Dao once held a prison camp and today you'll take an insightful look into this part of its history with a War History Tour. Visit the Trai Phu Hai Prison and see the infamous "tiger cages" the inmates once called home. In the afternoon, take a stroll through the National Park and spot macaques, squirrels and local birdlife.
Trai Phu Hai Prison
For the next day you have free time to spend at your leisure, whether that's lazing on beach, kayaking past the breakers or heading to the local fishing village to glimpse local life. The protected areas of Con Dao include a beautiful coral reef, so you may choose to spend some of your time here diving and spotting rays, turtles and barracuda.
Relax until our guide and driver come then transfer you to the airport for your onward flight.
MORE TOURS HERE
- Prices are in USD, per person, based on two people traveling together and sharing a room. At Vietnam Senses Travel, we carefully select all hotels to ensure that your accommodations match our standards of trip and service excellence.
- Prices include the following:
. All hotel accommodation including all taxes and breakfast
. Internal economy flights as stated with airport taxes
. All transfers & sightseeing transportation in private vehicle
. Private services of local guides
. All special events & private tours, guest experts
. All entrance fees into historical sights & museums
. Drinking water and refreshing towels for touring
. 24/7 support from the Vietnam Senses Travel Team
View hotels list
- Once a popular haunt for foreign press and journalists during the Vietnam War, Caravelle now provides a rarely surpassed level of accommodation and service for discerning visitors to Ho Chi Minh City.
- Rooms are sleek and the amenities generous, with many offering commanding views across the city. The iconic rooftop Saigon Saigon Bar provides the perfect location for a sundowner, as the city bustles and beats in the streets below.
View hotels list
- Location: The Victoria Can Tho is based in the center of the Mekong Delta in South Vietnam, where the gargantuan river ends and empties into the sea.
- History: The first settlers in this region are believed to have set up camp as early as 4th century BCE.
- Service: Here at the Victoria Can Tho, the staff strive to give the best possible service and advice, whether it’s sights and sounds guests are after or just a glass of champagne, they will accommodate it all here.
HOI AN DA NANG
View hotels list
- Located approximately 15 minutes by car from the centre of Hoi An, on its own section of China Beach, the Nam Hai is quite unlike any other property in Vietnam. Everything about the Nam Hai oozes quality, with a charming air of exclusivity.
- The décor throughout is modern, somewhat minimalist, and the hotel boasts a high standard of facilities, as you would expect. Much of the communal area is either open to the elements, with a tiered pool running down to the waterfront, or created using large walls of glass, creating bright and fresh spaces.
- Step inside your villa and the good news continues. With a choice of spaces ranging from one bedroom villas to multi bedroom private-pool affairs, each is luxuriously furnished to the very highest standard, with your comfort and convenience as the highest priority.
- King size beds sit atop raised central platforms, ensuring superb sunrise views, bathrooms open onto private gardens complete with rain shower, and you can be sure of wanting for nothing when it comes to service and general amenities.
- Providing the usual high standards of service, facilities and accommodation we have come to expect of all the Victoria properties, the Hoi An version boasts bags of character, great leisure facilities and an excellent range of guest accommodation. Rooms range from superior river view to the rear of the resort, to deluxe beach front, to several extremely impressive suite options with unimpeded views of the South China Sea.
- Accommodation is full of natural light from the big picture windows, and decorated in neutral tones, with natural materials used throughout. The overall effect is modern Vietnamese comfort with history and tradition showing through in the stylish choice of accessories and art.
- *In recent years, the beach to the front of the property has been eroded back, meaning that seawater comes all the way up to the resort’s wall. There is, however, still a large expanse of beach directly to the side of the property (with direct access from the resort) that runs, unimpeded, for many miles.
View hotels list
- Set in wonderful gardens, this stunning property has many boutique touches, backed up with truly deluxe facilities. Recently integrated into the Accor Group's prestigious MGallery collection of unique hotels, La Residence was also honoured as one of Asia’s top 20 resorts in the Conde Nast Traveller Readers’s Choice Awards 2011.
- Formerly the official residence of the Governor of Vietnam, its rooms retain many original features, and great care was taken, when two wings were recently added, to ensure the hotel's unique style stayed uncompromised. Rooms are well sized, furnished with luxurious fabrics and Colonial touches thoughtfully deployed throughout. We're happy to report that La Residence looks as gorgeous as ever.
CON DAO ISLAND
View hotels list
- Set on the untouched island paradise of Con Dao, about 230 km from Ho Chi Minh City, Six Senses features luxurious villas with private infinity pools and unobstructed views of the sea. It boasts a private beachfront, day spa and fitness facilities.
- Guests can enjoy butler service from their rooms at their convenience. A spacious dining and seating area is provided in each of Six Senses’ villas. DVD players, a flat-screen TV and free WiFi are available.
- Leisure afternoons can be spent in the library lounge or in sparkling waters for a dive. The property houses a gym and water sports facilities.
- Six Senses Restaurant serves meals cooked with organic ingredients. Guests have the choice of eating in the restaurant, private beach area or in the comfort of their own villas.
- Con Dao’s Six Senses is 2 km from Con Dao National Park and 8 km from Con Son Airport. The resort is also accessible via a 50-minute domestic flight from Ho Chi Minh City, which the resort can arrange for.