Sun & Sea in South Vietnam (6D)
Leave the world behind you and find paradise in Vietnam. Live the island life on Phu Quoc and relax on smooth white sand by the breathtaking tropical beaches. Use your free time on the island to travel to the scenic Suoi Tranh waterfalls, eat fresh seafood in the fishing village of Ham Ninh and experience an abundance of life under the sea while snorkeling or scuba diving. Visit the world famous Cai Rang Floating Market as you sail by thousands of boats selling an assortment of fresh produce. Cycle through the countryside, which is carpeted with green paddies and palm trees. Finally, visit numerous elegant pagodas and admire these architectural gems.
HIGHLIGHTS & INCLUDE
- Indulge in pristine beaches and fresh seafood on the heavenly island of Phu Quoc
- Sail by boat through the waters of the famous Cai Rang Floating Market
- Enjoy a private cooking class and prepare famous local dishes
- Cycle through the beautiful countryside and experience traditional Vietnamese life
Depart from Ho Chi Minh City in the morning and take a short scenic flight to the tropical paradise of Phu Quoc, the largest island in Vietnam. Once landed, the remainder of the day will be yours. Soak up the sun on the beautiful white sandy beaches. Jump in the crisp, cool ocean and experience a plethora of life under the sea while scuba diving or snorkeling.
Recommended Hotels on Phu Quoc Island:
- Chen Sea Resort & Spa
- Salinda Resort & Spa
Wake up in paradise and enjoy another free day in Phu Quoc. For the adventurous traveler, consider renting a scooter and cruise around the island with the wind rushing through your hair. Taxis can also be rented for half or full days. We recommend visiting the traditional fishing village of Ham Ninh on the east coast where you can enjoy a delicious meal of freshly-caught seafood.
Seize the day, as this will be your last in Phu Quoc. Once again, you are free to roam the island and explore. For those interested in jewelry, consider travelling to the western side of the island where the Phu Quoc Pearl Farm is located and spoil yourself with gorgeous pearls. After, visit the breathtaking Suoi Tranh waterfalls located a few miles east of Duong Dong. Take a refreshing dip in the falls and absorb the spectacular scenery of untouched forest that surrounds you.
Phu Quoc Pearl Farm, Suoi Tranh waterfalls
Say goodbye to the island of Phu Quoc as we depart by speedboat. Arrive in Can Tho, the largest city on the Mekong Delta. Once settled in, feel free to discover the vibrant city on your own. In the evening, see the incredible view of the river and city on the Nguyen Trai Bridge. Spend the night at the wonderful colonial-style Victoria Can Tho.
Recommended Can Tho city Restaurants:
- L'Escale Restaurant
Rise and shine in the early morning and head to the famous Cai Rang Floating Market. Navigate the market waters by boat and shop like you’ve never done before. Experience the life of local Vietnamese merchants as you take in the sights and sounds of thousands of boats selling all kinds of fresh produce. Travel to the Munirangsyaram Pagoda and admire the colorful, ancient tower situated in the middle of an urban landscape. Arrive in Ben Tre and take another scenic boat ride along the Ham Luong River. Take a stroll through a peaceful village and board a motorized rickshaw to visit ripe fruit orchards in the forest. Explore the twists and turns of the narrow canal by sampan boat. Ride a bike through the forest and stop for a private cooking lesson at a local Vietnamese family home and learn to prepare local dishes such as lemongrass chicken and green papaya salad.
Recommended Hotels in Ben Tre:
- Ben Tre Riverside Resort
Hop on a bike and cycle to Phu Nhuan. Walk through the ancient pagoda and bustling markets. Continue on to the countryside and see lush green paddies and palm trees as far as the eye can see. Drive to Tam Phuoc and take one last picturesque boat ride to the floating fish farm. Visit the sacred Buddhist temple of the Vinh Trang Pagoda and then head back to Saigon, 90 minutes away, where we say farewell.
MORE TOURS HERE
- Prices are in USD, per person, based on two people traveling together and sharing a room. At Vietnam Senses Travel, we carefully select all hotels to ensure that your accommodations match our standards of trip and service excellence.
- Prices include the following:
. All hotel accommodation including all taxes and breakfast
. Internal economy flights as stated with airport taxes
. All transfers & sightseeing transportation in private vehicle
. Private services of local guides
. All special events & private tours, guest experts
. All entrance fees into historical sights & museums
. Drinking water and refreshing towels for touring
. 24/7 support from the Vietnam Senses Travel Team
PHU QUOC ISLAND
View hotels list
- Chen Sea Resort & Spa is a beach-front, 4-star resort located in a quiet bay area of Phu Quoc Island. It offers private bungalows and villas and extensive spa facilities.
- Chen Sea Resort & Spa Phu Quoc is accessible from Phu Quoc Airport, which is a 50-minute domestic flight from Ho Chi Minh city and a 2 hour 10 minute domestic flight from Hanoi.
- Chen Sea Resort & Spa Phu Quoc's design is inspired by the calm environment. All bungalows and villas enjoy a calm setting and include verandas with sea views.
- The resort’s restaurant is perfectly located on the sea front and serves Mediterranean specialities and local as well as international cuisine.
- Chen Sea Resort’s spa centre offers a mixture of traditional and modern treatments to relax and revitalize. Guests can enjoy different water sports activities such as sailing, windsurfing, kayak rides and beach volleyball.
View hotels list
- Featuring free WiFi and a year-round outdoor pool, Ben Tre Riverside Resort offers accommodations in Bến Tre, just 41.8 km from Vĩnh Long. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.
- Some rooms feature a sitting area for your convenience. Enjoy a cup of tea while looking out at the river or city. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom. Extras include slippers and a hairdryer. A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is provided.
- You will find a 24-hour front desk and gift shop at the property.
- Bike rental and car rental are available at this resort and the area is popular for biking and fishing. Tan Son Nhat International Airport is 74 km from the property.
View hotels list
- Accommodation consists of seven unique suites, each with a lounge area, separate bathroom and all the latest amenities. Rooms are finished in a French Colonial style, with high ceilings and Vietnamese furnishings and artwork. The effect is somehow swanky but home-like, making it a good choice for families.
- We particularly enjoyed the impressive breakfast menu, served on the roof (or in your suite) and the hotel's two well-received restaurants.
- The Nam Bo restaurant downstairs focuses on classic Vietnamese cuisine, while the roof-top L'Escale serves a high end European menu, complemented by an enticing wine cellar, and beautiful sunset views across the water.
- Guest rooms are large, airy and sleek, combining woods and a neutral decor in a pleasant contemporary style. Views vary between city and river and rooms benefit from a modern range of basic amenities.
- Whilst there is no pool, there is a very pleasant sauna, jacuzzi and massage service; and the location isn't to be sniffed at either - extremely central and convenient for the market and for dining out.