Southern and Central Vietnam Cycling (15D)
This exciting journey is perfect for the avid biker looking to explore the beautiful countryside of Vietnam. Full of culture, history and picturesque landscapes - this is the ride of a lifetime. The 15-day itinerary begins in Saigon and travels through Cu Chi, Go Cong, My Tho, Can Cuoic, Ben Tre, Tra Vinh, Vinh Long, Sa Dec, Bao Lac, Dalat, Nha Trang, Quy Nhon, Hoi An and Hue. See a variety of small towns and cities, many of which were ravaged by the recent war. Enjoy a cultural, culinary, historical and definitely active adventure.
HIGHLIGHTS & INCLUDE
- Climb inside the narrow passageways utilized during the war in Cu Chi
- Explore Ben Tre Town - where the Vietnam War began
- Relax seaside on the soft white-sand beaches in Hoi An
- See the last of the Nguyen Dynasty as you visit the beautiful, well-preserved Citadel
Put on your biking gear and get ready for an active day! Your driver will take you northwest to the Cu Chi District. From there, you will begin cycling until you reach the Cu Chi tunnels. Walk through the tunnels and learn about the passageways’ history. Imagine during the Vietnam war when soldiers fought and lived in dark, narrow alleys. After your tour, enjoy hot green tea beneath the forests’ shade. Bike to Ho Chi Minh city. Pay a visit to Hoc Mon before retiring to your lush hotel in Ho Chi Minh City.
Recommended Ho Chi Minh City Hotels:
- Little Saigon Corner
- Lavender Saigon Hotel
After breakfast in your hotel, take a car to Can Giuoc town. From here, you will begin your 38-mile ride. Explore the area, and visit the beautiful Vinh Trang Pagoda. Spend the evening in Ben Tre Town - where the Vietnam War began. The town is where the first large scale military action occurred.
Take a short, scenic boat ride down the Ham Luong River. Chat with the locals before beginning your 18.5-mile ride for the day. See the Cho Lach District, a rural area just outside Ben Tre, from your bike. Peruse through the Cho Thom Market for a break. Take a private boat to Tra Vinh. Cycle to your resting place for the evening.
Today’s ride is 45-miles long. Cycle to the Khmer village near Tra Vinh town to visit the stunning Hang Pagoda. This translates directly to “cave pagoda.” Gaze over Ba Om Lake before you continue to the Vinh Long Province. Continue along to the town of Can Tho.
It’s another 38-mile biking day. Travel towards Saigon and stop to visit the famous, historic house of Marguerite Duras. The house was used in the film based on the real life woman - Marguerite Duras. The film tells the story of an early 20th century French girl who falls in love with a local Vietnamese - Chinese man. After a dose of unrequited romance, travel to the ancient Cung Buddhist temple. Next, stop and smell the fragrant lotuses as you visit the colorful Sa Dec flower village. Finish the journey to Ho Chi Minh City by car (around 4 hours).
Hotels in Mekong Delta:
- Nam Bo Boutique Hotel
Can Giuoc Town, Vinh Trang Pagoda, Khmer Village, Ba Om Lake, Sa Dec flower Village
You’re Da Lat bound as you take a 5-hour car ride to the Bao Loc Highland. Start the day off right by cycling to the rushing Dambri Waterfall. Continue onto Din Linh - a green, sparsely-populated area in Lien Khuong. After a full day of riding, transfer to Da Lat, where you will overnight.
Recommended Hotels in Da Lat:
- Terracotta Hotel & Resort Dalat
- TTC Ngoc Lan Hotel
Take the charming city on by bike! The city is also known as the “City of Flowers.” Pay a visit to the famous “Crazy House”, a hotel with extremely interesting architecture unlike any other in the world. Next visit the gorgeous, grandiose, once summer palace of Bao Dai - the last king of Vietnam. Bike to the ancient Trai Mat Village to visit the exquisite Linh Phuoc Temple. Return to your hotel for some well-earned shut-eye.
Dambri Water Fall, Bao Dai King's Summer Palace, Linh Phuoc Temple
Breathe in the fresh countryside air as you bike 38-miles through Bi Dop National Park. Climb back into the car for a short transfer to Suoi Tien, onto the Suoi Dau Area and finishing the day in the beautiful beach town of Nha Trang. Stretch your legs out on the white sand before calling it a night at the hotel.
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before beginning your 38-mile seaside cycle. Follow the coastal road of Tran Phu to Vung Ro. Pause and enjoy the sand at Dai Lanh beach before climbing back on your bike and cycling to Tuy Hoa town. The beautiful seaside town was once an air force base. Continue by car to Quy Nhon (2 hours), where you will spend the night.
Begin the day by driving to the Quang Ngai Province. Begin your 12.5-mile bike ride at Tra Khuc Bridge. Continue to My Lai village. This is where what was considered the most horrific massacre during the Vietnam War took place. After visiting the historic site, spend the evening at hotel in Hoi An.
Give your legs a rest today and relax in Hoi An. Revel in the soft white sand as you soak in the sun’s warm rays on the beach. Enjoy the welcoming, eclectic vibe of the little town. Try some of the famous Vietnamese barbeque or local fresh seafood pulled straight from sea.
Begin your 31-mile ride in Danang. Start cycling at the Hai Van Pass. Stop for lunch in the sleepy seaside town before finishing your cycle to Phuoc Tuong Pass. The pass is considered one of the top ten roads in the world. Reach Hue by car. Spend the night relaxing in Hue.
Enjoy a boat trip to visit the Thien Mu Temple and the King Tomb of Tu Duc. Begin cycling at the local pagoda. Stop for a vegetarian meal prepared special by the area’s nuns. Visit the nearby orphanage and spend time with the children. Continue onto Thanh Toan Bridge where you will be transferred back to the hotel. You will bike 31 miles throughout the day.
Travel by a local vehicle called “cyclo,” today. The vehicle is a bike in the back with a cart in the front for the customer. The driver bikes the customer to their destination. This is a typical small Vietnamese town type of transportation. Visit the citadel of the Nguyen Dynasty - the last ruling family of Vietnam. Take an evening flight to Ho Chi Minh City, where you can relax at your hotel.
Today is yours to plan. Savour a few last hours in Ho Chi Minh City before boarding your onward flight.
MORE TOURS HERE
- Prices are in USD, per person, based on two people traveling together and sharing a room. At Vietnam Senses Travel, we carefully select all hotels to ensure that your accommodations match our standards of trip and service excellence.
- Prices include the following:
. All hotel accommodation including all taxes and breakfast
. Internal economy flights as stated with airport taxes
. All transfers & sightseeing transportation in private vehicle
. Private services of local guides
. All special events & private tours, guest experts
. All entrance fees into historical sights & museums
. Drinking water and refreshing towels for touring
. 24/7 support from the Vietnam Senses Travel Team
View hotels list
- Perfect choice for clients wishing to save their money for the restaurants and markets of Ho Chi Minh City. As you would expect the style is contemporary, combining dark woods and Vietnamese fabrics with flat screen tv's and modern bathrooms.
- The hotel has a small breakfast room on the ground floor and the staff and both personable and efficient.
View hotels list
- Featuring free WiFi and a year-round outdoor pool, Ben Tre Riverside Resort offers accommodations in Bến Tre, just 41.8 km from Vĩnh Long. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.
- Some rooms feature a sitting area for your convenience. Enjoy a cup of tea while looking out at the river or city. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom. Extras include slippers and a hairdryer. A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is provided.
- You will find a 24-hour front desk and gift shop at the property.
- Bike rental and car rental are available at this resort and the area is popular for biking and fishing. Tan Son Nhat International Airport is 74 km from the property.
View hotels list
- Accommodation consists of seven unique suites, each with a lounge area, separate bathroom and all the latest amenities. Rooms are finished in a French Colonial style, with high ceilings and Vietnamese furnishings and artwork. The effect is somehow swanky but home-like, making it a good choice for families.
- We particularly enjoyed the impressive breakfast menu, served on the roof (or in your suite) and the hotel's two well-received restaurants.
- The Nam Bo restaurant downstairs focuses on classic Vietnamese cuisine, while the roof-top L'Escale serves a high end European menu, complemented by an enticing wine cellar, and beautiful sunset views across the water.
View hotels list
- Terracotta Hotel & Resort Dalat offers rooms and villas with free WiFi. Featuring an indoor pool, spa and fitness centre, the resort is located next to Tuyen Lam Lake.
- Terracotta Hotel & Resort Dalat is 900 m from Truc Lam Temple. Lien Khuong Airport is 18 km away.
- Every room and villa features a flat-screen cable TV, safe, minibar and an electric kettle. A seating area and private bathroom with shower, bathtub and hairdryer are included.
- Other recreation facilities include a tennis court, pool table and Karaoke. A shared lounge, ticket service and tour desk are available. The property offers a currency exchange, 24-hour front desk and free private parking.
- Located in the heart of Dalat City, Ngoc Lan Hotel overlooks the scenic Xuan Huong Lake. It features a spa pool, a restaurant and rooms with free Wi-Fi.
- Rooms at the Ngoc Lan Hotel come with a flat-screen cable TV, telephone and minibar. A coffee/tea maker and safe are included.
- Guests can work out at the hotel’s fitness room or relax in a sauna. The hotel provides massage and laundry services. Free private parking is available.
- Vietnamese and Asian dishes are served at the Tulip Restaurant, which offers views of Xuan Huong Lake.
- Ngoc Lan Hotel is within walking distance to Dalat Market.
- This is our guests' favourite part of Da Lat, according to independent reviews.
- This property is also rated for the best value in Da Lat! Guests are getting more for their money when compared to other properties in this city.
View hotels list
- Standing tall on Nha Trang’s main street, Novotel offers modern rooms with panoramic sea views from full-length glass doors and private terraces. Steps from its private beachfront, it boasts fitness facilities and hearty buffets.
- Hotel Novotel Nha Trang is a 5-minute walk from lively shops and restaurants. It is a 5-minute walk from Nha Trang City Bus Station and a 40-minute drive from Cam Ranh International Airport.
- Offering plenty of natural light, spacious sea-facing rooms feature free Wi-Fi and a flat-screen cable TV. An attached bathroom has a rain shower and hairdryer.
- Leisure facilities at the Novotel include an outdoor pool and a stylish spa with floral baths. Attentive staff can provide concierge and tour planning services.
- Boasting stunning views of Nha Trang Bay, The Square features a show kitchen and serves up hearty international buffets. The pool and lobby bars offer light snacks and cocktails.
View hotels list
- Situated just 30 m from the beautiful Quy Nhon Beach, Muong Thanh Quy Nhon Hotel features an outdoor pool, a tennis court and a 24-hour front desk. Free Wi-Fi access is available in the entire property and complimentary parking is provided on site.
- The hotel is just 2 km from Quy Nhon city center and 3 km to the bustling Dam Market. Phu Cat Domestic Airport is approximately 35 km away. Airport transfer and shuttle services can be arranged at extra charges.
- Featuring views of the city, spacious air-conditioned rooms are equipped with a personal safe, a flat-screen cable TV, minibar and seating area. En suite bathrooms come with a hairdryer, bathtub, shower and free toiletries.
- Muong Thanh Quy Nhon Hotel provides luggage storage, currency exchange and laundry services. Guests may enjoy a karaoke session, request for massage services and utilise the sauna facility. Meeting/banqueting facilities are also available.
- The in-house restaurant serves delectable Vietnamese and international dishes. Meals can also be served in private with room service.
HOI AN DA NANG
View hotels list
- Set around a well-sized swimmimg pool and gardens, the resort has a good standard of overall facilities, including a spa and beauty centre, a basic gym and well positioned restaurant.
- The guest rooms and suites are furnished in a contemporary Vietnamese style and all have views over either the pool, gardens, coconut groves or rice fields which surround the hotel.
View hotels list
- Set amongst lush landscaped gardens and the surrounding countryside, expect a very high standard of facilities and beautiful, welcoming accommodation.
- Accommodation is in a range of bungalows and villas, whose modern style is softened with traditional textiles and warm woods. All rooms feature a private balcony.
- This is a great choice for anyone wishing to get away from the city and enjoy a more peaceful Hue - something that few get to experience.