Enchanting Vietnam: Da Lat to Hue (8D)
Prepare to be spellbound by the ancient wonders and scenic beauties in Vietnam. Start the tour off in Dalat, a city where French and Vietnamese history blend together to create an atmosphere unlike any other. Next, find a sense of calm while trekking along the riverside by the stunning Dray Sap and Dray Nur waterfalls. Continue deep into the beautiful Vietnamese countryside and discover the most aromatic and flavourful coffee in the famous Trung Nguyen coffee village. Finish the epic journey by visiting the sacred town of Hoi An, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and uncover the elaborate tombs of emperors past in the Imperial City of Hue.
HIGHLIGHTS & INCLUDE
- Sip the best coffee in the world in the famous Trung Nguyen coffee village
- Explore the ancient walled fortress and palace in the Imperial City of Hue
- Sail by dragon boat to the sacred Thien Mu Pagoda
- Be captivated by the scenic beauty of the Dray Sap and Dray Nur waterfalls
After breakfast, depart from Ho Chi Minh City and visit the gorgeous Dambri Waterfall. Next, journey to Dalat, around 5 hours' drive away and experience a unique city that shares both French and Vietnamese roots. After settling in to your comfortable hotel, feel free to explore Dalat on your own. Take a stroll through the city and admire the many hotels and houses built in European style. Pine-covered hills and lakes also surround the metropolis, making it a scenic destination that differs from the rest of the country.
Recommended Hotels in Da Lat:
- Dalat Edensee Resort & Spa
- Da Lat Hotel Du Parc
Drambi Waterfall, European style houses
Start the day off with a scenic drive to Buon Me Thuot (around 4 hours) and stop along the way to enjoy a delicious local lunch. Continue to the Krong Ana River and be mesmerized by the beauty of the Dray Sap and Dray Nur waterfalls. Next, trek through the riverside and get an even better view of the majestic falls.
Dray Sap and Dray Nur waterfalls
Head deep into the lush green countryside and discover the best coffee in the world at the Trung Nguyen coffee village. Trung Nguyen is famous for coffees that are deep-roasted and rich in flavour. Here, you’ll sip an unforgettable cup and take in the beautiful highland scenery that surrounds you. Next, you’ll visit the rustic town of Kon Tum (around 5 hours' drive). Experience Kon Tum on your own for the remainder of the day. Consider visiting the villages of indigenous hill tribes located on the outskirts of town.
Where to stay in Kon Tum province:
- Konklor Hotel
Visiting the villages of indigenous hill tribes
Begin the day with a stop at the sacred town of Hoi An, around 4.5 hours away, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here you’ll enjoy free time for the rest of the day. Take this opportunity to learn about Vietnamese culture at the Hoi An Museum of History and Culture. We also recommend enrolling in a private cooking class offered by many restaurants to learn the art of Vietnamese cuisine.
Recommended Hotels Hoi An:
- Almanity Hoi An
- Palm Garden Resort
In the morning, tour the local market and see fresh produce bursting with colour. Next, sail on the Thu Bon River and visit the island of Cam Nam. Continue by boat to the estuary and see where the river meets the ocean. After taking in the breathtaking views, we head back to Hoi An and embark on a walking or biking tour of the ancient town. Don’t miss the beautiful gardens and intricate architecture of the Fukien Assembly Hall. End the exciting day with a stop at the Japanese Covered Bridge, a famous landmark built in the early 1600’s by a small Japanese community.
Museum of History & Culture, Japanese Bridge, Fukien Assembly Hall
Pack your bags and take a scenic 3-hour drive to the Imperial City of Hue first thing in the morning. You’ll spend the day gazing at the stunning landscapes of Vietnam as we pass the beautiful Son Tra Mountain and the Marble Mountains. Continue to the village of Lang Co and stop to eat a hearty lunch. After a delicious meal, we hit the road again until we arrive in Hue.
Recommended Hue Hotels:
- Eldora Hotel Hue
- Moonlight Hue Hotel
Son Tra Mountain, Marble Mountains, Fishing village of Lang Co lagoon
Spend the day sailing in a dragon boat and cruise to Thien Mu Pagoda, one of the oldest religious sites in the country. Next, uncover the Imperial Citadel and walk through the walled fortress and palace. Continue your exploration and tour the decorative tombs of emperors and learn the ancient philosophies of Vietnamese kings.
Thien Mu Pagoda, Imperial Citadel, Tombs of Nguyen' Emperors
Make the most of your last free day in Hue. We recommend taking refuge in the relaxing hot springs located in My An and Thanh Tan. Feel rejuvenated by the soothing waters and leave refreshed. You could also take a beach day and travel a few miles outside Hue to Thuan An beach for crystal blue water and white sandy beaches. In the afternoon we depart to Phu Bai International Airport where say farewell.
MORE TOURS HERE
- Prices are in USD, per person, based on two people traveling together and sharing a room. At Vietnam Senses Travel, we carefully select all hotels to ensure that your accommodations match our standards of trip and service excellence.
- Prices include the following:
. All hotel accommodation including all taxes and breakfast
. Internal economy flights as stated with airport taxes
. All transfers & sightseeing transportation in private vehicle
. Private services of local guides
. All special events & private tours, guest experts
. All entrance fees into historical sights & museums
. Drinking water and refreshing towels for touring
. 24/7 support from the Vietnam Senses Travel Team
View hotels list
- First, the facilities; for a first class hotel, the Liberty is punching well above its weight - and yes, this does include a swimming pool!
- The location is excellent, right in the heart of the city, and near the popular Ben Thanh Market. The rooms are stylish, amenities are of a high standard and the staff are excellent. It is truly hard to find any fault with the hotel.
View hotels list
- When visiting Dalat, you'll feel right at home at Dalat Edensee Lake Resort & Spa, which offers quality accommodation and great service. Only 12.0 Km from the city center, the hotel's strategic location ensures that guests can quickly and easily reach many local points of interest. No less exceptional is the hotel's easy access to the city's myriad attractions and landmarks, such as Tuyen Lam Lake, Thien Vien Truc Lam, Datanla Waterfall.
- At Dalat Edensee Lake Resort & Spa, the excellent service and superior facilities make for an unforgettable stay. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms, 24-hour room service, Wi-Fi in public areas, car park, room service are just a few of the facilities that set Dalat Edensee Lake Resort & Spa apart from other hotels in the city.
BUON MA THUOT
View hotels list
- The 4-star Sai Gon Ban Me Hotel is located in Buon Ma Thuot City, also known as Vietnam's capital of coffee. A short 2-minute walk from Buon Ma Thuot Market, it has an outdoor pool, a sauna and karaoke facilities. Its modern rooms come with a 29-inch flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi.
- Fully air-conditioned, all rooms are equipped with a personal safe and minibar. High-floor room have big glass windows overlooking the forest. En suite bathrooms come with a bathtub.
- Sai Gon Ban Me Hotel is 1 km from Dak Lak Museum and Akthon Village. It is 3 km from Trung Nguyen Coffee Village. Gia Long, Dray Nur and Yok Don waterfalls are all within an hour's drive away.
- Guests can buy a local souvenir at the gift shop, relax wtih a massage, or exercise at the gym. Day trips and airport transfers can be arranged at the tour desk.
- Asian and Western dishes can be enjoyed at the on-site restaurants. Drinks are served at the 4th floor pool-side bar. Alternatively, room service is available from 06:00 - 23:00 everyday.
- Located in Daklak's capital, Buon Ma Thuot City, Dakruco Hotel offers spacious rooms, free wireless internet access and a spa.
- Situated in the central highlands, Dakruco Hotel is a 10 minute drive from the airport.
- Rooms are equipped with an LCD TV, walk-in dressing area and a large bathroom with a double vanity.
- Dakruco's facilities include an outdoor swimming pool, gym and a sports center offering tennis courts, ping-pong and badminton. Other amenities include conference facilities and an on-site restaurant.
- This property is also rated for the best value in Buon Ma Thuot! Guests are getting more for their money when compared to other properties in this city.
View hotels list
- Konklor Hotel is located in Kon Tum. Free WiFi access is available. Each room here will provide you with a TV, air conditioning and a minibar.
- Featuring a shower, private bathroom also comes with free toiletries and slippers. Extras include a seating area and cable channels.
- At Konklor Hotel you will find a 24-hour front desk and a garden. The property offers free parking. Guests can explore the surrounding using chargeable motorbike or bicycle rental service.
- Pleiku Airport is 38 km away.
HOI AN DA NANG
View hotels list
- Yes – a complimentary 90-minute daily ‘wellness journey’ (a 50-minute massage and more) is included in your stay and is a welcome treat in the midst of a busy touring schedule. With 40 treatment rooms and opening hours until 10pm, getting an appointment at the My Chi Spa shouldn’t be an issue!
- After your spa treatment if heading into town for dinner seems like too much of an effort, despite it being just a 10 minute walk away, the Four Plates Restaurant offers a varied menu of – you guessed it – four different cuisine offerings (Vietnamese, Italian, Japanese and a Grill Kitchen) cooked up in four interactive show kitchens. And bar ‘wizards’ are on hand to create cocktails in the Blue Bottle Bar.
- The hotel’s wellness theme is echoed in the guest room categories, with room types such as My Heart, My Mind and My Energy to select from. Set around the courtyard gardens, décor is light and contemporary, minimalist yet comfortable and most feature a balcony.
View hotels list
- The 81 rooms offer plenty of space and their neoclassical design has an opulent, sumptuous feel: expect clawfoot bathtubs, dark wood flooring, heavy gold silk curtains and ornate furnishings.
- All rooms are similar in size and decor, with the only difference being a city or Perfume River view.
- If you dine within the hotel, the restaurant offers a variety of Western and Asian cuisine as well as a plentiful buffet breakfast. Other notable facilities include the rather dramatic, baroque style indoor pool that offers city views from its 14th floor setting.
- Those impressive city views can also be enjoyed from the top floor Skyline Bar, which is perfect for an early evening cocktail or nightcap whilst looking out over Hue.