Cycling North-East of Vietnam (10D)
Explore the scenic landscapes of northeast Vietnam with this 10-day cycling adventure. From the historic capital Hanoi, guests cycle northwards into gently rolling hills that feature waterfalls and nature reserves. The limestone landscape then becomes more mountainous, with the soaring hills housing traditional ethnic villages whose way of life has remained unchanged for centuries. Finally, the ride emerges at the stunning seascape of Halong Bay where the night is spent on a boat.
HIGHLIGHTS & INCLUDE
- Explore the caves and waterfalls at Ba Be national park.
- Meet the diverse, colorful and friendly inhabitants of the northern highlands.
- Gaze on the stunning scenery, from mountain tops to rice paddies and tea fields.
- Cruise along the boat then admire the beauty of Halong Bay.
Ariving in Hanoi. Meeting guide at the airport and being transferred to hotel in center for overnight. Bike fitting in the afternoon and short walking at in Old Quarter if time permits. Welcome dinner at one of best local restaurant in Hanoi Overnight in Hanoi.
Recommended Hotels in Hanoi:
- Oriental Suites Hotel
- Hong Ngoc Cochinchine Hotel
Transfer around 2 hours out of city. Joining the secondary route 313 up to Ha Hoa bridge to pass the red river. Keep cycling till the lodge right on the border of biggest lake in the north – Thac Ba lake. Vehicle is available all the time Overnight in Vu Linh.
Thac Ba Lake
Long day is waiting for you. Start cycling directly to Tuyen Quang through a very nice new tamac road which is linked at km31 of Tuyen Quang province. From there, continue the cycling toward Chiem Hoa direction, cruising on a quite scenic road toward Bang Lung. Rolling route with some uphill are expected. This area is home to a variety of minorities including the Tay, Red Dao, Coin Dao and White H’mong. Overnight in Ba Be.
Ba Be Lake Hotel:
- Mr Linh's Homestay
Depart early from homestay, take the route 257 to Bac Kan, then continue to Phu Thong – Na Phac on national route 3. We cycle on small and very quiet route with several manageable climbs and sweeping views across the mountains in the area of Nui Pia Oac nature reserve. Picnic lunch on route. Overnight in Cao Bang.
Recommended Hotels in Cao Bang Province:
- Sunny Hotel Cao Bang
- Bang Giang Hotel
Take the route up to famous Ban Gioc waterfalls closed to Vietnam’s northern border with China. On the way to Ban Gioc Waterfall, you will see many terraced rice paddies dotted with some houses creating a peaceful and poetic landscape. Have picnic lunch near the waterfalls, take your time to relax & being transferred back Cao Bang for 1 more night there. Overnight in Cao Bang.
Cycling from Cao Bang on route 4A toward That Khe, passing 3 mountain passes and Dong Khe. Enjoy the beautiful scenery of forested mountain ranges, lush fertile valleys and traditional minority villages. The road weaves and twists through the mountains. Most downhill from Dong Khe to Lang Son. Overnight in Lang Son.
Recommended Lang Son Hotel:
- Muong Thanh Lang Son Hotel
Take the quiet old Highway 1 toward Hanoi until it reaches the new busy one. Transfer 4hours and a half to Halong for overnight. Overnight in Halong.
Morning free until transfer to pier to check in cruise. Arrive at your jetty in Halong City towards noon and proceed with check-in formalities. After your welcome onboard, a lunch will be served while cruising towards the bay itself. In the afternoon, enjoy some visits and/or activities (depending on each boat’s itinerary) or just spend some time relaxing on board. Towards the end of the day the boat sets anchor for the night among the karst formations. Dinner is served on board. Overnight on Halong Bay.
Best Halong Bay Cruises
- Jasmine Cruise
- Prince 2 Cruise
Enjoy your fresh morning in the middle of the bay, the sun rises on Halong in the morning and breakfast is served while the vessels cruises slowly through the magnificent rock formations and back towards port. Disembark and transfer back to Hanoi. Overnight in Hanoi.
Free at leisure until time for transfer to airport for departure flight.
MORE TOURS HERE
- Prices are in USD, per person, based on two people traveling together and sharing a room. At Vietnam Senses Travel, we carefully select all hotels to ensure that your accommodations match our standards of trip and service excellence.
- Prices include the following:
. All hotel accommodation including all taxes and breakfast
. Internal economy flights as stated with airport taxes
. All transfers & sightseeing transportation in private vehicle
. Private services of local guides
. All special events & private tours, guest experts
. All entrance fees into historical sights & museums
. Drinking water and refreshing towels for touring
. 24/7 support from the Vietnam Senses Travel Team
View hotels list
- Excellent location.
- The property boasts service levels that you would expect in a higher category of hotel and stylish, contemporary guest rooms.
- Most of the rooms feature windows with city views and the Suites additionally have a balcony.
- The restaurant offers a menu of western and authentic Vietnamese dishes.
View hotels list
- The Nghia Lo Hotel is the best place to stay in town, but don’t expect The Ritz: it’s simply furnished, clean and well maintained.
- The rooms are somewhat old fashioned with brown and cream soft furnishings and carpeted floors, and the lobby lounge can be fairly described as chintzy, but it’s a comfortable spot for socialising with fellow travellers.
- Rather surprisingly the hotel boasts an indoor swimming pool.
BA BE LAKE
View hotels list
- Offering a sun terrace and views of the lake, Mr Linh's Homestay is located in Ba Be Lake. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is available and free private parking is available on site.
- Some rooms feature a seating area to relax in after a busy day. The rooms come with a shared bathroom.
- Bike hire and car hire are available at this homestay and the area is popular for snorkelling.
- A selection of activities are offered in the area, such as cycling, fishing and hiking.
View hotels list
- Sunny Hotel is located in the city center, Cao Bang, including 52 standard rooms are equipped with 3-star facilities.
- The hotel is located on Cao Bang Dong Kim, right downtown Cao Bang Bang Giang river and a bridge 150 meters north of Bang Giang, convenient for sightseeing tours, walking, sightseeing, shopping and entertainment.
- Come to Sunny Cao Bang hotel, you will enjoy the friendly atmosphere, professional service style of a team of experienced staff. We will provide travelers with excellent service. Sunny Cao Bang Hotel is best standard hotel with discount rates on hotels-in-vietnam. Booking online and get special deals: instant confirmation, breakfast included with best price guarantee & hotel reviews.
View hotels list
- Jasmine Cruise provides air-conditioned rooms on board a cruise ship which sails through the famous Halong Bay in Vietnam. Guests can choose from itineraries which take them to attractions like Cat Ba Island, Cua Van Fishing Village and Tien Ong Cave. Full-board meals, cooking classes and Tai-chi lessons on the sun deck are also provided.
- Featuring classic wooden furnishings, the air-conditioned rooms also enjoy views of the mountains and sea. A personal safe and minibar are included. En suite bathrooms are equipped with a shower.
- Jasmine Cruise docks at Tuan Chau Marina Terminal Station. From there, it is about 165 km from Hanoi Capital City and Noi Bai International Airport. Transfers can be arranged at an extra charge.
- While sailing through the bay, the cruise will also stop at various islands and beaches for guests to enjoy hiking, swimming or kayaking. There is also a massage room, as well as lounge chairs on the sundeck for guests to relax.
- The on-site restaurant serves Vietnam and international dishes. Barbecue dinners take place at the benched terrace in front of the restaurant. Wine and other drinks are available at the bar.