Really nice hotel, in town. lets you walk to the Lake with only a few (not so ) busy roads to practice your rock in the river crossing process. ( Ie walk slowly forward never go back and let the bikes just flow around you) is really nicely decorated and a really pleasant atmosphere, and like all Sofitels you are greeted in French. Room very comfortable.
Sofitel Legend Metropole Hotel
Some Key Facts:
- Situated on the south-east corner of Hoan Kiem Lake, the Metropole is just a stone's throw from Hanoi's splendid Opera House, while the Old Quarter, with its artisans and excellent boutique shopping, is just a short stroll away.
- Facilities are very good for such a central location, and the suites and villas are all tastefully finished. While each wing has its own individual style, interiors are bright and spacious, typically decorated with polished wooden floors and elegant textiles. All are exquisitely furnished in keeping with the hotel's heritage.
- The Metropole boasts three excellent restaurants: Le Beaulieu's French cuisine is nicely complemented by the hotel's fantastic wine cellar; Spice's Garden lets you enjoy regional Vietnamese specialities either indoors or in the pleasant courtyard; and the modern Angelina lounge serves a modern international menu in a lively atmosphere.
- Unusually for a central hotel, there is an outdoor heated pool, a fitness centre on site, and a stylish spa and hammam where guests can enjoy a range of relaxing treatments.
Opened in 1901 and once host to a roll-call of iconic 20th century guests, the Metropole Hanoi exudes historic charm like no other property in the city, and remains one of Vietnam's most sought-after hotels.
The hotel's classic French-Quarter aesthetic is a legacy of the country's Colonial past, while its modern ownership ensures luxurious comfort and attentive personal service.
- ➡ 364 Rooms & Suites
- ➡ Deluxe room amenities
- OPERA WING, PREMIUM ROOM, 1 QUEEN SIZE BED
- OPERA WING, PREMIUM ROOM, 2 SINGLE BEDS
- OPERA WING, PREMIUM ROOM PATIO, 1 QUEEN SIZEBED
- OPERA WING, GRAND PREMIUM ROOM WITH CLUB METROPOLE BENEFITS, 1 KING SIZE BED
- OPERA WING, GRAND PREMIUM ROOM WITH CLUB METROPOLE BENEFITS, 2 SINGLE BEDS
- HISTORICAL WING, LUXURY ROOM, 1 QUEEN SIZE BED
- HISTORICAL WING, LUXURY ROOM, 2 SINGLE BEDS
- HISTORICAL WING, GRAND LUXURY ROOM, 1 QUEEN-SIZE BED
- HISTORICAL WING, GRAND LUXURY ROOM, 2 SINGLE BEDS
- OPERA WING, PRESTIGE SUITE WITH CLUB METROPOLEBENEFITS, 1 KING SIZE BED
- OPERA WING, GRAND PRESTIGE SUITE WITH CLUB METROPOLE BENEFITS, 1 KING SIZE BED
- HISTORICAL WING, LEGENDARY SUITE WITH CLUB METROPOLE BENEFITS, 1 KING SIZE BED
- Fitness & recreation
➡ - Massages
➡ - Swimming pool
➡ - Le Spa du Metropole
➡ - Clark Hatch fitness centre
➡ - Cookery school
- On-site facilities
➡ - Gift/souvenir shop
➡ - Facilities for disabled guests
➡ - Family room
➡ - Elevator
➡ - Shop(s)
➡ - Smoking area
➡ - Shared lounge/TV area
➡ - Garden
- Eating & Drinking
➡ - Le Beaulieu Restaurant
➡ - Angelina restaurant and lounge
➡ - Spices Garden Restaurant
➡ - Le Balcon
➡ - Bamboo Bar
➡ - Le Club Bar
– FRENCH COLONIAL
The Raffles of Hanoi. Superb. Very comfortable room, exquisitely furnished. Only down side was the lack of a walk in shower. Great breakfast options. Great location close to the Lake... If you order the pick up limousine, it comes with complimentary macaroons, and wifi!
This fabulous hotel hits all the right buttons. Classic decor. Flawless Service. Excellent dining. Great Spa. Great Pool. Terrific Bars. And its in the heart of Hanoi in a safe walking area with good shopping and cultural attractions. But what puts this hotel on an even higher level is the thoughtful and warm staff. I stayed on the Club floor where a butler service is provided. This is truly a butler service where your needs are attended to efficiently and personally. I have been back twice in the last few months and am always greeted warmly by the staff who remember me and seem genuinely pleased that I've returned. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Hanoi.
– 5 STAR OASIS
Its the best place in town and has a rwal sense of its colonila past. A short walk to the old shopping quarter, to the lake and to the square with St Joseph's Cathedral which was fun to ktch from on hgh with a beer on the blcony with my 17 year old. We read and watched the world go by. You can hire a moped for $12US a day which we did and sped around town looking at Ho CHi Mihn's Mausoleum and the Milittary museum etc...Not for the faint hearted by the chaotic traffic system seems to work like shoals of jostling fish.
– STAY HERE
Room: 5* was pretty, well decorated and bed was comfy. Room size definitely bigger than So Sofitel Singapore. Bathroom was big, comparable with Sofitel Resort and spa's bathroom size in Sentosa.
Facilities: 4*Pool size is small. Glasshouse design is very pretty, spa place is pretty, They were undergoing renovations when we were there, so the second floor of the restaurant was closed and Hermes shop hasnt opened yet. The sandwich from the cafe was good too.
Service: 5* The first lady who welcomed us was 5*. We entered through the old wing and was escorted to the opera wing, she did the check in for us, gave us cold towel, and brought us to our room. She was very genuine. The staff's very helpful too, we tried to order flowers and they helped us ordered the flower and sent it to our room. Excellent.
We were given Chocolate, Apple Custard fruit and macaroon when we were there. All were great. It was a nice touch for the service as well as the generous water bottles.
We tried the drink in the glasshouse, the cocktail was great snacks were okay too. The service was superb.
If you are going for a short stay, i would recommend you try this hotel.
– LOVELY HOTEL TO STAY