Spent two days here during our travels through Vietnam. When they showed us our room we were so happy, beautiful spacious room with all commodities. Bathroom had a large tub, big enough to fit us both. Every evening they delivered some fruit and drinks. Pool was large enough to take a dive, staff was available at all times. Free bikes to get to town. No complaints, we had a lovely time.
Ancient House Hoi An
Some Key Facts:
- The hotel is named for the ancient (well - 200 years old) Vietnamese house located to the rear of the property. This traditional building is now home to five generations of noodle-makers, who you can watch in action before strolling off to enjoy views of the nearby De Vong River.
- There’s a sweet, peaceful spa, specialising in natural beauty treatments, and a restaurant which offers Asian, Western and barbecue menus, and even cookery classes to anyone willing to get up early enough to visit the market for ingredients first! Our preferred poolside rooms are all well-sized and the attentive staff always work hard to ensure a pleasant stay.
While the Ancient House, located on the outskirts of Hoi An's UNESCO protected old town, does not offer the same level of facilities as, say, the Nam Hai, it nonetheless has a charm and personality that our guests just keep falling in love with.
- ➡ 52 Rooms
- ➡ First class room amenities
- Ancient House Suite
- Ancient House Special
- Ancient House Garden View
- Ancient House Superior
- Fitness & recreation
➡ - Swimming pool
➡ - Fitness centre
➡ - Massage and sauna services
- On-site facilities
➡ - Family room
➡ - Garden
➡ - Salon
➡ - Shop(s)
➡ - Smoking area
- Eating & Drinking
➡ - Viet Restaurant
➡ - Dai Chiem restaurant
- Cleaning services
➡ - Laundry service
- Guest services
➡ - Luggage storage
➡ - Check in/Check out (express)
➡ - Newspapers
➡ - Concierge
– “Beautiful resort with friendly staff”
The rooms are impressive with ancient design. Outside space covers by flowers and green trees make me feel fresh and clean. Swimming pool is a little bit small but really relax. A good choice for family trips.
– “Excellent eco and authentic accomodation”
Our recent stay at Ancient House was our second in 3 years. Once again, we were drawn to the laid back nature of the resort, friendliness of the staff and beautiful gardens and pool. The rooms were everything we expected and it is in a great position in Hoi An. Will definitely be back.
– “Great Ancient House experience”
We visited this hotel as part of a family tour of south east Asia. We mentioned it was also outer wedding anniversary, they gave us a tour of the hotel and in the meantime added a lovely touch to our room (see photo). All the staff were happy to help at any time.
The ambience of the hotel is very relaxed, the swimming pool overlooks a rice paddy field. The theme seems very much about nature - We saw water buffalo among the rice fields and the gardens around the hotel are immaculate (the smells are amazing!)
It's also very kid friendly (we have 3)
Overall I would recommend this hotel without reservation (one tip - we were on the third floor and we had amazing privacy!)
– “Amazing hotel...”
This was a pretty peaceful spot to stay. The rooms are a little tired but still very comfortable. Great aircon in the rooms, and the beds had mossie nets.
The pool area is fairly small, but nice. Staff brought drinks and food to the pool.The staff were friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was good, however the room was very hot in the early morning.
Beautiful lush gardens created a peaceful feel, and the location was great.
– “Very peaceful”