Charming Mekong 2D1N
- Enjoy the mighty Mekong River Delta.
- Experience gorgeous scenery along river bank.
- Visit the famous Cai Be floating market in the morning.
- Taste the exceptional Vietnamese food onboard.
- Sa Dec local market, following the tracks of French novelist Marguerite Duras
- Sails down Mekong River toward My Thuan.
- Learn daily life of local poeple on water by visiting rice fields, villages, fruit orchards...
This trip gives you new perspectives on life in the Mekong Delta by visiting of rustic village, meeting of farmers to see them work or to take part in daily activities with local people.
DAY 1: SAIGON – CAI BE – CAI THIA – SA DEC (L, D)
8:15 A.M: Pick you up at your hotel in Saigon and transfer you to Mekong.
10:30-11:00 A.M: Reach the banks of the Mekong Delta in Cai Be. Embark on Le Cochinchine with a welcome drink.
11:15 A.M: Disembark for a pleasure bike on the footpaths of the countryside to discover tropical fruit orchards.
Return on boat. Le Cochinchine sets sails toward Sa Dec, a nice and quiet town overlooking Mekong river while lunch is served on boat.
Visit the brick factories and observe the handicraft manufacturing of bricks and tiles made out of clay from rice plantations.
In Sa Dec town, visit the Cao Dai Temple, the local market and the ancient house Huynh Thuy Le. Embark on a lovely walking excursion on the blossoming flower bonsai garden.
Back on board, Le Cochinchine sails down Mekong River toward My Thuan.
Sit back and relax on the upper deck. As the sun sets, experience a traditional herbal foot massage before enjoying an exotic pre-dinner drink.
Dinner and night on board.
DAY 2: MY THUAN – CAI BE – SAIGON (B)
Rising up early for another nice day we contemplate sunrise while having breakfast on board.
Our boat set sails again and cruises along the Mekong while taking in orchards and gardens toward Cai Be. Explore Cai Be floating market on a local boat then visit local coconut and rice sweet factories.
Embark on a pleasant walk in Dong Hoa Hiep village on the footpaths of the countryside to discover the ancient house, tropical fruit orchards and local people's daily activities. Sample local sweets and fruits during the trip.
Get off in Cai Be harbour around 11:00 A.M. Return to Saigon, you will be dropped off at your hotel around 2:00 P.M. End of nice cruise.
MORE CRUISE HERE
- The trip cost is based on group of 2 people sharing a cabin on board.
- Program is subject to change due to unpredictable events such as the vagaries of the weather and tide variations.
- Infants under 6 years-old sharing cabin with their parents are free of charge.
- Children between 6 and 11 years old get a 50% discount.
Cruise Price Inclusion: 2-day cruise with stops and visits as stated. English or French speaking guide. 1 night en-suite cabin with A/C on board. Meals as mentioned during the cruise (B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner). Admission fee at visiting points as mentioned in the program. Biking and sampan boat rides. Services of crews during the cruise on board. 1 complimentary foot massage on board. Pre-dinner drink (Aperitif). Transfer HCMC-Mekong-HCMC by shuttle bus.
Cruise Price Exclusion: Visa approval in Vietnam. Travel insurance. Personal expenses : souvenirs, drinks, tips. Payment fee: bank transfer fee if payment by bank transfer, 3% if payment by credit card.
Available with 2 travelers or plus: US$35 /person
Saigon-Mekong-Saigon (Pick-up & drop-off at your hotel in District 1 and 3, HCMC)
Shuttle bus is included in our service.
Transfer around Mekong or around the city center